Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by "Leland Corso Sr." <lc...@jbs-systems.net> on 2016/04/15 10:49:23 UTC

Issue with Screen Share

I've got Openmeeting install on a Ubuntu 14,0,4 server.  Everything
appears to be working from preliminary testing.  The only issue we are
experiencing is the Java Screen Share Service.  I'm using an Ubuntu
12.0.4 Desktop with Oracle JDK 1.8.0_77.  When I attempt to start the
screenshare service the attached txt file displays what comes up in the
console.  My partner is using Windows 10 and he is also having an issue
with it.  Do you have any suggestions or point in the direction I need
to go to resolve this issue.

--
*Leland Corso Sr.
*

Re: Issue with Screen Share

Posted by "Leland Corso Sr." <lc...@jbs-systems.net>.
Hi Max,

Thanks for you reply,  Here is some additional information that may
assist in helping me to resolve this issue.  I'm fairly certain that
there is something simple I've neglected.
Server is Ubuntu 14.0.4
Client is Ubuntu 13.0.4.

Open Meeting is:
Name 	Conference Center
Version 	3.1.1
Revision 	1736485
Build date 	2016/03/24 18:34

Server Java version is 1.8.0_77
Client Java version is 1.8.0_77

When I go to https://om.alteametasoft.com/openmeetings/ I'm able to
download the screen sharing applet and share my screen.  On my server
when I attempt to start screen sharing, I receive an error that the
connection was refused to Java.net.

I'm so close I can taste it but the solution is eluding me.  Any
assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

As a side bar I'd like to position the appname in the Header to the
right about 500px but not move the logo.png.  As I'm not a developer
your guidance is requested here in addition to the above issue.

Thanks,

Re: Issue with Screen Share

Posted by "Leland Corso Sr." <lc...@jbs-systems.net>.
I'm using version 3.1.1 of Openmeeting.  On your server I was able to
download and run the applet.  On my install it does not download the jar
to even start.

Re: Issue with Screen Share

Posted by "Leland Corso Sr." <lc...@jbs-systems.net>.
Thank you I got it...