Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2008/03/01 10:13:21 UTC

Fixing genesis so release plugin works

After a lot of struggle I think I figured out how to make the release
plugin tag into the right place.  The root genesis pom needs a
release profile with the tagBase in it.  Then child release profiles
can override the tagBase.  Where it is now in the main build/plugins/
plugin section it does not appear to be possible to override the
tagBase location.

I've updated genesis trunk with this solution and bumped a few versions.

Please look at genesis to see if other changes would be appropriate
before a release.  I'd like to get this voted on very shortly so I
can call a vote on the roller plugin.

thanks
david jencks

Re: Fixing genesis so release plugin works

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
I'm not sure we even need the tagBase in the genesis project-config
pom actually... have you tried simply removing it?  The release plugin
is supposed to figure out to use ../tags from a */trunk svn url.

--jason