Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Guy Bobenrieth <gu...@neurosoft.fr> on 2002/06/20 18:11:06 UTC

Lucene, xml files and dtds.

Hello,

( Finally, to make cocoon run I  went back to the jdk1.3 !)

Now I want to play a little with Lucene over some xml files. I encounter a
little problem related to  where the dtd associated to my xml files should
be found on the server.

My xml files contain a doctype declaration like this one <!DOCTYPE DOCUMENT
SYSTEM "myschema.dtd">. With this, Lucene is looking for the dtds inside
%TOMCAT_HOME%/bin !!!

It is possible to drive an xml parser so that the doctype would be handled
like we want it, for example here to have the dtds found elsewhere ... But I
don't know how to get this done with Lucene inside Cocoon.

Any idea how to do that ????

Thanks in advance !!!

Guy

Re: Lucene, xml files and dtds.

Posted by Guy Bobenrieth <gu...@neurosoft.fr>.
Hello Vladim,

You are right ! It works now ... but only if I use a PUBLIC identifer in my
xml files instead of a SYSTEM one.

Thanks again.

Guy

> > ( Finally, to make cocoon run I  went back to the jdk1.3 !)
> >
> > Now I want to play a little with Lucene over some xml files. I
> encounter a
> > little problem related to  where the dtd associated to my xml files
> should
> > be found on the server.
> >
> > My xml files contain a doctype declaration like this one <!DOCTYPE
> DOCUMENT
> > SYSTEM "myschema.dtd">. With this, Lucene is looking for the dtds
> inside
> > %TOMCAT_HOME%/bin !!!
> >
> > It is possible to drive an xml parser so that the doctype would be
> handled
> > like we want it, for example here to have the dtds found elsewhere ...
> But I
> > don't know how to get this done with Lucene inside Cocoon.
> >
> > Any idea how to do that ????
>
> Try entity resolver.
>
> Vadim
>

> > Thanks in advance !!!
> >
> > Guy

> ( Finally, to make cocoon run I  went back to the jdk1.3 !)
>
> Now I want to play a little with Lucene over some xml files. I
encounter a
> little problem related to  where the dtd associated to my xml files
should
> be found on the server.
>
> My xml files contain a doctype declaration like this one <!DOCTYPE
DOCUMENT
> SYSTEM "myschema.dtd">. With this, Lucene is looking for the dtds
inside
> %TOMCAT_HOME%/bin !!!
>
> It is possible to drive an xml parser so that the doctype would be
handled
> like we want it, for example here to have the dtds found elsewhere ...
But I
> don't know how to get this done with Lucene inside Cocoon.
>
> Any idea how to do that ????

Try entity resolver.

Vadim