Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Diana Shannon <sh...@apache.org> on 2002/06/15 23:01:55 UTC

Cocoon docs transition trial

I just wanted to let you know -- in case we're about to dup efforts --
that I'm doing a trial run of a Cocoon xdoc -> forrest conversion. I'm a
little concerned about meeting the June 30 planning deadline (related to
a 2.0.3 release), so I'm doing this primarily for my own benefit. Please
understand that I'm *not* trying to rush the effort of anyone else, or
bypass any collaborative, group process.  If anyone is doing the same,
and you'd like to compare notes/strategies, let me know. I'll report
here on Monday as to how it went as well as the steps I followed. I'll
also try to have a static docs build of the result up on my web site as
well.

So far, so good.

Diana

Re: Cocoon docs transition trial

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.
Diana Shannon wrote:
> I just wanted to let you know -- in case we're about to dup efforts --
> that I'm doing a trial run of a Cocoon xdoc -> forrest conversion.

Good on you. I think that this really is a one person effort,
up to a certain stage. Then you can get it into cocoon CVS and
we can all dive in to help. We can cope with improperly rendered
docs in 2.1 for a while during the transition, then move it over
to 2.0.3

During your initial stage, if we can assist then just ask.
--David

Re: Cocoon docs transition trial

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
Diana Shannon wrote:

 > Please understand that I'm *not* trying to rush the effort of anyone
 > else, or bypass any collaborative, group process.

Of course not!

Good luck for the next few days, we'll be more than happy to hear from
your adventures on Monday. I have no time currently to help you outif
you get stuck, at least until the end of next week, but urgent issues of
course always can get solved ;-)

</Steven>