Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org> on 2017/08/14 23:21:24 UTC

Control.sh script and cluster activation

Dmitriy,

I see you contributed control.sh script that activates a cluster after a restart. Honestly, I’m a bit confused by it:

1. How to use it? I could find out that there are some of the parameters but the ‘help’ is not implemented. Please fix this and provide a description for every parameter you introduced.

2. Why did we decide to create a specific script for that? Why can’t we use existing visorcmd script?

3. Why the script called “control.sh”?

—
Denis

Re: Control.sh script and cluster activation

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Prachi,

Thanks for creating the docs! Please leave your usability related feedback in this ticket [1]. I changed it’s priority targeting for 2.4 release because totally agree with you that presently the script doesn’t behave like a normal tool (no help page, meaningless log, etc.).

—
Denis

Posted by Prachi Garg <pg...@gridgain.com>.
Guys,