Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Mi...@Bull.com on 2005/08/30 16:46:38 UTC

Error executing RSH from ANT script

I'm getting the following error message on the console view when I execute
rsh in an ANT script.

[exec] Terminal readThe handle is invalid.
[exec] /home/jerome

The execute task is:    <exec executable="rsh.exe" >      <arg
value='coke'/>      <arg value='-l'/>      <arg value='${coke.user}'/>
<arg value='sh make.sh'/>    </exec>

The shell script contains a single pwd command.

When executed directly from a DOS command prompt, the RSH command displays
the working directory sans error message.

Any suggestions for how to eliminate the "terminal read ..." error message?

Michael Giroux

Re: Error executing RSH from ANT script

Posted by Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.
Hello Michael,

not exactly sure why there is this handle problem.

you might want to try - supposing you are working with ant 1.6 and that
there is a ssh daemon on the host where you want to execute something
remotely - the sshexec task.

Otherwise, there are a <telnet/> and a <rexec/> task in ant.

Cheers,

Antoine