Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Alex Vollmer <al...@tenzing.com> on 2003/06/04 18:54:33 UTC

Distributing custom goals

I have several Maven projects that require a common custom-built Maven
goal. Can anyone shed some light on how to go about distributing a
custom Maven goal? Or will each user need to manually install the goal
into their Maven directory?

Thanks in advance,

Alex

Re: Distributing custom goals

Posted by Rafal Krzewski <Ra...@caltha.pl>.
Alex Vollmer wrote:
> I have several Maven projects that require a common custom-built Maven
> goal. Can anyone shed some light on how to go about distributing a
> custom Maven goal? Or will each user need to manually install the goal
> into their Maven directory?

You should create a custom plugin containing the goal, deploy it to your
sitewide repository, and then each users should install the plugin from
the repository. I'm not entirely sure if installing plugins from
remote locations really works or is a planned feature, I hope someone
else will give you details on that.

R.