Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Isabel Drost <is...@apache.org> on 2009/12/07 11:56:28 UTC

Reminder: Apache Hadoop Get Together Berlin - December 2009

As announced on Apache Con US 09, the next Apache Hadoop Get Together
Berlin is scheduled for next Wednesday:

When: Wednesday December 16, 2009  at 5:00pm
Where: newthinking store, Tucholskystr. 48, Berlin

Talks scheduled so far:

Richard Hutton (nugg.ad): "Moving from five days to one hour." - This
talk explains how we made data processing scalable at nugg.ad. The
company's core business is online advertisement targeting. Our servers
receive 10,000 requests per second resulting in data of 100GB per day.

As the classical data warehouse solution reached its limit, we moved to
a framework built on top of Hadoop to make analytics speedy,data mining
detailed and all of our lives easier. We will give an overview of our
solution involving file system structures, scheduling, messaging and
programming languages from the future.

Jörg Möllenkamp (Sun): "Hadoop on Sun"
Abstract: Hadoop is a well known technology inside of Sun. This talk
want to show some interesting use cases of Hadoop in conjunction with
Sun technologies. The first show case wants to demonstrate how Hadoop
can used to load massive multicore system with up to 256 threads in a
single system to the max. The second use case shows how several
mechanisms integrated in Solaris can ease the deployment and operation
of Hadoop even in non-dedicated environments. The last usecase will
show the combination of the Sun Grid Engine and Hadoop. Talk may
contain command-line demonstrations ;).

Nikolaus Pohle (nurago): "M/R for MR - Online Market Research powered
by Apache Hadoop. Enable consultants to analyze online behavior for
audience segmentation, advertising effects and usage patterns."

A big Thanks goes to the newthinking store for providing a room in the
center of Berlin for us. Another big thanks goes to StudiVZ for
sponsoring videos of the talks.

Please do indicate on the following upcoming event if you are planning
to attend to make planning (and booking tables at Aufsturz) easier:

http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/4842528/

Looking forward to seeing you in Berlin,
Isabel

--
  |\      _,,,---,,_       Web:   <http://www.isabel-drost.de>
'---''(_/--'  `-'\_) (fL)  IM:  <xm...@spaceboyz.net>