Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Vjeran Marcinko <vj...@tis.hr> on 2005/02/28 06:57:28 UTC

Defining business interface for page?

Hi folks.

Just want to hear if anyone has gone into practice of defining business
interface for pages, since basically, page in Tapestry can really be treated
as component that should only expose one or few methods for access, since
other field accessors and action methods are internal implementation of the
page, right?
It sounds like really clean design, but somehow I'm afraid to raise number
of files per page, since it can reach 5 now : .html, .java, .page,
.properties, and now interface .java. :-(

Regards,
Vjeran

Re: Defining business interface for page?

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
I tend to think in terms of having a non-Tapestry business component
injected into the page,rather than trying to make the page implement a
business interface.  Tapestry pages are best as lean and mean bridges
to the non-Tapestry-based business layer (as EJBs, HiveMind services,
Spring beans, etc.).

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 06:57:28 +0100, Vjeran Marcinko <vj...@tis.hr> wrote:
> Hi folks.
>
> Just want to hear if anyone has gone into practice of defining business
> interface for pages, since basically, page in Tapestry can really be treated
> as component that should only expose one or few methods for access, since
> other field accessors and action methods are internal implementation of the
> page, right?
> It sounds like really clean design, but somehow I'm afraid to raise number
> of files per page, since it can reach 5 now : .html, .java, .page,
> .properties, and now interface .java. :-(
>
> Regards,
> Vjeran

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry