Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Muhammad Arshad <Mu...@AlticeUSA.com> on 2017/06/19 22:52:04 UTC

Kafka Monitoring

Hi,
wanted to see if there is Kafka monitoring which is available. I am looking to the following:

how much data came in at a certain time.

Thanks,
Muhammad Faisal Arshad
Manager, Enterprise Data Quality
Data Services & Architecture
[http://www.multichannel.com/sites/default/files/public/styles/blog_content/public/Altice-NewLogo2017_RESIZED_0.jpg?itok=RmwvsCI6]

The information transmitted in this email and any of its attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information concerning Altice USA and/or its affiliates and subsidiaries that is proprietary, privileged, confidential and/or subject to copyright. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete and destroy the communication and all of the attachments you have received and all copies thereof.

Re: Kafka Monitoring

Re: Kafka Monitoring

Posted by Abhimanyu Nagrath <ab...@gmail.com>.
Hi Muhammad,

You can use the monitoring tool developed by LinkedIn
https://github.com/linkedin/Burrow to get the data information within a
time window.

Regards,
Abhimanyu

Re: Kafka Monitoring

Posted by Kenny Gorman <ke...@eventador.io>.
Similar to other approaches, our service uses JMX via Jolokia and then we save the time-series data in Redis. Then we expose this in a number of ways including our dashboard, etc. We have found Redis to be quite good for a time-series backend for this purpose. This all gets setup automatically as part of our service, but it would also work very well stand-alone if you wanted to rig something similar yourself.

Ping me if you go this way, we can help.

Thanks,
Kenny Gorman
Founder and CEO
www.eventador.io