Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Seth Tager <se...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/01 02:19:56 UTC

using bridge to create alternative to gvt

I'd like to read an svg document and convert it to my own internal
object tree, similar to the way a gvt is built. It seems like the
org.apache.batik.bridge package might be useful, but it doesn't look
like the same kind of bridge described in Design Patterns by Gamma,
Helms, etc.? (i.e. it seems to be tightly coupled with the GVT
package, and _not_ meant for swapping gvt-like implementations)

Is there some way I might leverage that package to build my own tree
from an svg doc? It looks like the best i can do is to use the bridge
and gvt packages as a template/guide for creating my own tree builder
code. Has anyone done something like this already?

Seth