Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Fredrik Bjork <fr...@varbergenergi.se> on 2005/05/17 11:09:39 UTC

Reading auto-whitelist files (a soloution)

Hi!

I have seen a couple of requests for reading the auto-whitelist file in plain
text. You can use at least two database formats, but this command worked for me:

dbmmanage  auto-whitelist view

See  man dbmmanage  for more info (available in most Linux distributions). It is
written to "Create and update user authentication files in DBM format".

Example of output:

tyqeva@visi.net|ip=152.52|totscore:16.034
amineh@siftnet.every1.net|ip=219.133|totscore:7.476
button21informix@hotmail.com|ip=212.199:1
odzgqohbh@arsvidendi.de|ip=203.200|totscore:22.434
juhgf@yam.com|ip=219.81|totscore:14.895

ip=219.81 means that the IP address begins with 219.81.

Surely there is a better way, but nobody seems to be willing to post it...

/Fredrik

Re: Reading auto-whitelist files (a soloution)

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
Fredrik Bjork wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have seen a couple of requests for reading the auto-whitelist file in plain
> text. You can use at least two database formats, but this command worked for me:
>
> dbmmanage  auto-whitelist view

<snip>

> Surely there is a better way, but nobody seems to be willing to post it...

The proper tool to use is in the SA tarball, in the tools subdirectory:
	check-whitelist

Re: Reading auto-whitelist files (a soloution)

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 09:09:39AM +0000, Fredrik Bjork wrote:
> Surely there is a better way, but nobody seems to be willing to post it...

tools/check_whitelist?  Been part of the standard distro for ages.  Output is:

     0.0         (0.0/2)  --  felicity@kluge.net|ip=66.92

Average Score   (total score / # of messages)  from_addr|ip=class_b_rcvd_by

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
[Rob] Reiner agrees. "If it was made clear to people that we could win