Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Steve Lowery <sl...@gatessolutions.com> on 2012/08/01 23:45:45 UTC

DataTable in wicket 6 using wicket:container

The DataTable was changed in wicket 6 to use wicket:container instead of
span on the td and th elements (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-4224).  While this fixed the
issue described in the ticket, it can make dealing with the DataTable a
little more cumbersome and introduces a new bug in my opinion.  If I want
to simply add a link into a column (very usual use case), I cannot do so
now without creating a dummy panel around it, or at least I don't know of a
way.  Any component with attributes in the componentTag itself get dropped
because the wicket:container tag doesn't get rendered, only the child does.
 It works fine with plain Label's, but that's about it.

I can create a handful of dummy components that wrap the columns "real"
content, but wasn't sure if this was the best way to do it.  Other people
will certainly have the same issues when they upgrade to wicket 6.

If you want me to create a quickstart for the link issue, I can do that.

Re: DataTable in wicket 6 using wicket:container

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
how exactly would you attach a link to a span? link would complain
that it is not attached to an anchor tag...

-igor