Posted to ddlutils-user@db.apache.org by Laurent ROCHE <la...@yahoo.com> on 2006/11/16 10:35:24 UTC

Re : Are domains supported ?

Hi,

Thanks for pointing me to the opened issue (as said before I am not familiar with this site ... yet).

I understand that domains are really difficult to be fully supported as there is no real standard ont his (on some rDBMS they're called user datatypes).

But I would think a first easy step, would be to "translate" the domain into its equivalent into the XML file.
This way an export - import can be done : the imported database would not have any domains (or user datatypes or whatever it's called) but at least it will be possible to create it and to do some work when a domain has been defined.

Right now, I can not use DDL-Utils for my database ... and that's a shame !

Have fun,
L@u
The Travelling Froggy
TravellingFroggy.info