Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jerry Malcolm <te...@malcolms.com> on 2016/06/04 18:00:22 UTC

mod_jk resubmitting request to Tomcat

I am calling a JSP to start a fairly long-running process in Tomcat.
I'm not using the page response data.  The JSP is simply a way to
initiate the process.  The JSP simply returns "OK" or "RC=". However,
mod_jk gets impatient, and after about 5 minutes, it decides to send the
request to Tomcat again, which kicks off another instance of the
back-end process (obviously not what I want).  Following is from the
mod_jk log:

 >>> can't receive the response message from tomcat, network problems or
tomcat is down (127.0.0.1:8009), err=-60
 >>> Tomcat is down or refused connection. No response has been sent to
the client (yet)
 >>> receiving from tomcat failed, recoverable operation attempt=0
 >>> sending request to tomcat failed,  recoverable operation attempt=1

How can I tell mod_jk to be more patient for this request and not to
resubmit it?

Thanks.

Jerry

Re: mod_jk resubmitting request to Tomcat

Posted by Anthony Biacco <ab...@handll.com>.
On Sat, Jun 4, 2016 at 12:00 PM, Jerry Malcolm <te...@malcolms.com>
wrote:

> I am calling a JSP to start a fairly long-running process in Tomcat.  I'm
> not using the page response data.  The JSP is simply a way to initiate the
> process.  The JSP simply returns "OK" or "RC=". However, mod_jk gets
> impatient, and after about 5 minutes, it decides to send the request to
> Tomcat again, which kicks off another instance of the back-end process
> (obviously not what I want).  Following is from the mod_jk log:

> tomcat is down (127.0.0.1:8009), err=-60
> client (yet)
>
> How can I tell mod_jk to be more patient for this request and not to
> resubmit it?

you probably have the reply_timeout on the worker set too low.

https://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/common_howto/timeouts.html

-Tony

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.