Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Stefan Berger <st...@softborg.com> on 2003/12/12 12:06:17 UTC

Repopulation fails after validation

Hi,

I work Struts 1.1.
I have a login.jsp, LoginForm extends ActionForm, LoginAction  -
construction.

When the user make an error in the jsp, the LoginAction validate and
filles the errors (ActionErrors)
The login.jsp is reshown mit all errors but the input data are missing.

I have no glue why iam losing this data specially when i use the method
saveError(errors, request) !!!!

Can somebody help. I am really confused.

Best regards
Munot

Re: Repopulation fails after validation

Posted by Mort Coleman <mo...@mactiques.com>.
You might have somehow cleared the loginForm bean at the beginning of
the jsp, then when it is reshown, it is cleared.

Remember that the logonForm was created automatically, and should still
have your data.

If you do a back, your data should also still be present on the original submit.

Posted by Robert Taylor <rt...@mulework.com>.
Are your redirecting or forwarding back to login.jsp?

robert