Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Jon Tricker <jt...@temenos.com> on 2018/06/08 09:59:22 UTC

Failsafe re-entrant locks still held after a node exits.

Hi. I have been observing a problem on 2.5.0 where a node shuts down but locks held by it appear to still be held.

Hopefully the attached demo code illustrates the issues (there is a detailed description in the files header comment).

I have searched the archives and find similar bug reported but they are all quite old. I am guessing there is something missing from my IgniteConfiguration but an not sure what.

Thanks for any assistance.

The information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee or addressees. Any use or disclosure of the contents of this e-mail/attachments by a not intended recipient is unauthorized and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of TEMENOS. We recommend that you check this e-mail and any attachments against viruses. TEMENOS accepts no liability for any damage caused by any malicious code or virus transmitted by this e-mail.

Re: Failsafe re-entrant locks still held after a node exits.

Posted by ezhuravlev <e....@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I've checked code and it looks like the current implementation of
ReentrantLock doesn't have proper processing of failoverSafe flag. I've
created ticket for it's implementation:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-8810.

As for workaround, you can use reentrantLock without failoverSafe flag and
isBroken() before locking and recreate lock if needed. Alternatively, you
can add listener for Node_LEFT and NODE_FAILED events and check locks on it.

Additionally, you can use CacheLock instead of ReentrantLock - it works even
faster: https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/distributed-locks

Evgenii

Re: Failsafe re-entrant locks still held after a node exits.

Posted by Jon Tricker <jt...@temenos.com>.
OK. That's odd. I consistently get that message. Maybe differences in Java shutdown handling. Can you let me know which JDK and OS you are using.

Thanks.

Posted by Andrey Mashenkov <an...@gmail.com>.
No. I see no message.

Posted by Jon Tricker <jt...@temenos.com>.