Posted to user@lucenenet.apache.org by Anthony <as...@tpg.com.au> on 2010/10/17 14:37:06 UTC

How do i implement lucene on my asp.net website?

Do you have an example project or document on how i implement it?

Is your website being IntelliXperienced?
<http://www.intellixperience.com/signup.aspx>   | www.yougoingmyway.com ?
regards
Anthony (*12QWERNB*)
Is your website being IntelliXperienced?

Re: How do i implement lucene on my asp.net website?

Posted by nima dilmaghani <ni...@gmail.com>.
A good place to start is to get and read the book lucene in action. It is
based on java, but it pretty much translates to .net easily.

--
Nima

Re: How do i implement lucene on my asp.net website?

Posted by Simone Chiaretta <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
I wrote a series of posts on my blog about Lucene.net and how to use it in a
ASP.NET website

http://codeclimber.net.nz/archive/2009/08/27/how-to-get-started-with-lucene.net.aspx
(and
then click on the links on the right for the other posts)

Regards
Simone

--
Simone Chiaretta
Microsoft MVP ASP.NET - ASPInsider

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
"Life is short, play hard"

RE: How do i implement lucene on my asp.net website?

Posted by "Mike Dixon (STS)" <md...@senture.com>.
Aaron,

Check out http://ifdefined.com/bugtrackernet.html, Corey has integrated
Lucene into his bug tracking system.

It depends on how complex an integration you require. If you don't need
100% control over lucene, just a way to have lucene as a part of your
application you can go with Examine (http://examine.codeplex.com/) which
is a configuration-based API on top of Lucene.NET

But to do a more custom implementation I'd suggest you go with a DI
framework to create a singleton writer and create searchers per request.
Aaron Powell
Umbraco Ninja

http://www.aaron-powell.com | http://twitter.com/slace | Skype:
aaron.l.powell | MSN: aazzap@hotmail.com

On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 11:37 PM, Anthony <as...@tpg.com.au> wrote:

> Do you have an example project or document on how i implement it?
>
> Is your website being IntelliXperienced?
> <http://www.intellixperience.com/signup.aspx>   |
www.yougoingmyway.com ?
> regards
> Anthony (*12QWERNB*)
> Is your website being IntelliXperienced?

NOTICE: The information contained in this message and any attachments is privileged and confidential and therefore protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent who is responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Senture does not accept liability for changes to this message after it was sent. The views expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect the views of the company. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying via e-mail to this message and deleting this information from your computer.

Re: How do i implement lucene on my asp.net website?

Posted by Aaron Powell <me...@aaron-powell.com>.