Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Britske <gb...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/10 22:08:59 UTC

T5: how to add tuckey url rewrite filter to Tapestry Context

I saw a recent post about setting up Tuckey url-rewrite filter to set up some
url rewriting in conjuction with Tapestry so decided to try it out.

All works fine when using 'redirects':
<rule>
       <from>/test</from>
        <to type="redirect">/zoeken</to>
    </rule>

However the real power (in my opinion) comes with forwarding url's so that
the url's in the browser window do not change, like so:
<rule>
       <from>/test</from>
        <to>/zoeken</to>
    </rule>

localhost:8080/zoeken maps to a page 'zoeken' in Tapestry.

When setting a rewrite rule from redirect to forward (which is the default)
the filter can't find the resource to rewrite to anymore.

According to the rewrite manual at: http://tuckey.org/urlrewrite/manual/2.6/
this happens when: the "to" URL is not in the same context as
UrlRewriteFilter.

So I'm guessing that's what causing the problems here. The problem is that I
don't have a clue where to put the UrlRewriteFilter so it is included in the
same context as my tapestry app.

Currently, UrlRewriteFilter is supplied as a .jar in a /lib folder within
the WEB-INF folder (which is the correct place according to the rewrite
manual) Web.xml correctly locates and initalizes the filter so that part
works fine.

SO I'm left with the question: were do I put this .jar file so it will be
included in the 'Tapestry' web context?

I'm using Tomcat 5.5 btw since this might be related to that as well. I'm
just not sure. Probably usless info: the context of this tapestry app is
ROOT (which maps to the default in Tomcat)

Anyone?

Thanks,
Britske

Re: T5: how to add tuckey url rewrite filter to Tapestry Context

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
just a guess - try <to>zoeken</to>

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 11:08 PM, Britske <gb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I saw a recent post about setting up Tuckey url-rewrite filter to set up some
> url rewriting in conjuction with Tapestry so decided to try it out.
>
> All works fine when using 'redirects':
> <rule>
>       <from>/test</from>
>        <to type="redirect">/zoeken</to>
>    </rule>
>

> However the real power (in my opinion) comes with forwarding url's so that
> the url's in the browser window do not change, like so:
> <rule>
>       <from>/test</from>
>        <to>/zoeken</to>
>    </rule>
>
> localhost:8080/zoeken maps to a page 'zoeken' in Tapestry.
>
> When setting a rewrite rule from redirect to forward (which is the default)
> the filter can't find the resource to rewrite to anymore.
>
> According to the rewrite manual at: http://tuckey.org/urlrewrite/manual/2.6/
> this happens when: the "to" URL is not in the same context as
> UrlRewriteFilter.
>
> So I'm guessing that's what causing the problems here. The problem is that I
> don't have a clue where to put the UrlRewriteFilter so it is included in the
> same context as my tapestry app.
>

> Currently, UrlRewriteFilter is supplied as a .jar in a /lib folder within
> the WEB-INF folder (which is the correct place according to the rewrite
> manual) Web.xml correctly locates and initalizes the filter so that part
> works fine.
>
> SO I'm left with the question: were do I put this .jar file so it will be
> included in the 'Tapestry' web context?
>
> I'm using Tomcat 5.5 btw since this might be related to that as well. I'm
> just not sure. Probably usless info: the context of this tapestry app is
> ROOT (which maps to the default in Tomcat)
>
> Anyone?
>
> Thanks,
> Britske

Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://blog.andyhot.gr