Posted to dev@clerezza.apache.org by Hasan Hasan <ha...@trialox.org> on 2011/05/12 18:28:21 UTC

may a bundle containing a gpl licensed library be uploaded to the clerezza svn repo?

Dear Bertrand, all

We are developing a bundle that uses a GPL licensed library. We don't make
any changes or extend the library, but just use it. Would this be a problem
if the clerezza svn repo contains this library or should we remove it from
the bundle before uploading the bundle to the svn repo?

Cheers
Hasan

Re: may a bundle containing a gpl licensed library be uploaded to the clerezza svn repo?

Posted by Hasan Hasan <ha...@trialox.org>.
Hi Ross

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 1:08 PM, Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 18/05/2011 11:56, Hasan Hasan wrote:
>
>> Hi Reto
>>
>> On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 8:43 PM, Reto Bachmann-Gmuer<
>> reto.bachmann@trialox.org>  wrote:
>>
>>  we have been talking about this before:
>>>

>>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-clerezza-dev/201104.mbox/%3CBANLkTikOacmm4fa0C36xWGzWxULPes2WUw@mail.gmail.com%3E
>>> where I ointed you to
>>> http://activemq.apache.org/java-service-wrapper.html
>>>

>> activemq.apache.org has the binary code of java-service-wrapper library
>> (wrapper.jar) in their binary and source distribution
>>
>> *
>>
>> http://apache.mirror.testserver.li//activemq/apache-activemq/5.5.0/activemq-parent-5.5.0-source-release.zip
>>
>> find wrapper.jar of tanukisoftware in folder
>> activemq-parent-5.5.0\assembly\src\release\bin
>> and
>> activemq-parent-5.5.0\trunk\assembly\src\release\bin
>>

> At first glance that does not look to be under an Apache compatible
> licence. See
> http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.com/doc/english/licenseOverview.html
>
> Has this been approved by legal?

I don't know whether this has been approved by legal.

hasan

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.

--
rgardler@apache.org
@rgardler

Re: may a bundle containing a gpl licensed library be uploaded to the clerezza svn repo?

Posted by Hasan Hasan <ha...@trialox.org>.
Hi Reto

Posted by Daniel Spicar <da...@trialox.org>.
Thanks reto,

last time I have been looking for some other things so I didn't check how
they distribute it. Thanks for the heads up.

Regards
Daniel

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <re...@trialox.org>.

Posted by Daniel Spicar <da...@trialox.org>.