Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Simon Raess <co...@gmx.ch> on 2005/06/06 10:48:32 UTC

page recorder locked: exception

hi

I have a tapestry application that is running successfully. Now, I've
just got this exception in my logs:

org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationRuntimeException: Page recorder for
page Tour is locked after a commit(), but received a change to
property index of component Tour.
   org.apache.tapestry.record.PageRecorder.observeChange
(PageRecorder.java:119)
   org.apache.tapestry.Tapestry.fireObservedChange(Tapestry.java:1443)
   org.apache.tapestry.AbstractComponent.fireObservedChange
(AbstractComponent.java:295)
   ch.iserver.wedshop.tapestry.pages.Tour$Enhance_22.setIndex(Tour
$Enhance_22.java)
   ch.iserver.wedshop.tapestry.pages.Tour.nextItem(Tour.java:132)
   sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor196.invoke(Unknown Source)
   sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
   org.apache.tapestry.listener.ListenerMap.invokeTargetMethod
(ListenerMap.java:257)
   org.apache.tapestry.listener.ListenerMap.access$100
(ListenerMap.java:46)
   org.apache.tapestry.listener.ListenerMap$SyntheticListener.invoke
(ListenerMap.java:97)
   org.apache.tapestry.listener.ListenerMap
$SyntheticListener.actionTriggered(ListenerMap.java:102)
   org.apache.tapestry.link.DirectLink.trigger(DirectLink.java:119)
   org.apache.tapestry.engine.DirectService.service
(DirectService.java:169)
   org.apache.tapestry.engine.AbstractEngine.service
(AbstractEngine.java:889)
   org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationServlet.doService
(ApplicationServlet.java:198)
   org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationServlet.doGet
(ApplicationServlet.java:159)
   javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)

Can anybody explain what this exception means? Should I have to worry
about it, i.e. is there a bug in my application? Or is it simply some
strange sequence of events from a client that caused this exception?

The application is running otherwise just fine for the last two
months (that's the first exception I'm seeing in my logs!).

Simon

Re: page recorder locked: exception

Posted by Bryan Lewis <br...@maine.rr.com>.
One of our apps saw this exception under similar circumstances.  It was
caused by an impatient or double-clicking user trying to re-run the same
page twice in quick succession.  (I'm being somewhat fuzzy when I say "run"
because I don't totally understand what the sequence is.  Not reproducible.)

It doesn't cause any problems that I know of, except that the user would see
the generic exception page.  I worked around it by ignoring that specific
exception in Engine.activateExceptionPage().  (Log it but show nothing to
the user.)  That's been working fine for a year.