Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2006/03/02 22:40:19 UTC

[Struts Wiki] Trivial Update of "DataEntryForm" by MichaelJouravlev

Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by MichaelJouravlev:
http://wiki.apache.org/struts/DataEntryForm

   * !LookupDispatchAction is heavy, uses inverted reference to resource files.
   * !MappingDispatchAction can be used to dispatch only one method.

- Therefore I recommend using !ParameterMappingDispatchAction as your entry point to a web resource. You would define all event handlers in the "parameter" attrubute of action mapping, including default method name. Then, on the data entry form, you would set "name" attributes of various submit buttons to corresponding event name, like "edit", "view" or "delete".
+ Therefore I recommend using ActionDispatcher to dispatch events to any arbitrary action class.

  == Step 7: Reduce number of actions down to one ==