Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@multiconn.com> on 2002/11/25 11:23:37 UTC

Re: subscripts in pdf

lepeklhine wrote:
> I use fop 0.20.4 and dockbook-xsl-1.55.0
> I can not manage subscripts in pdf files
> to be rendered as they must be - they always
> appeare as the ordinary text.
Probably docbook-xsl uses baseline-shift property for subscripts, but
unfortunately baseline-shift is not implemented yet in FOP. Usual practice is
to use vertical-align="sub" instead, but I have no idea how can you manage
with it considering generic docbook-xsl stylesheets. Try to override subscript
processing in the stylesheets.

> The similar case happens with ulink tag -
> it is converted to <A HREF="link"> in html page
> but is rendered as [#link] in pdf.
> Is this fop bug or docbook-xsl bug
> or something else that I don't know?
Links should be okay, probably the problem is in a stylesheet. How does
generated fo look like?

--
Oleg Tkachenko
eXperanto team

Re: Font embending

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
Are you sure your Arial font is really a Type 1 font? I've never seen
Arial in Type 1 before. Are you sure you have an Arial.pfb and an
Arial.pfm? I think you will more likely have a Arial.ttf which you have
to specify in the embed-file attribute. That's the file you will have
generated the font metrics from, right? If it is a Type 1 font, Dennis
is right and you have to specify Arial.pfb, not Arial.pfm.

Good luck!

On 26.11.2002 09:23:06 Nyári Gyõzõ wrote:
> I've the embed-file param in the userconfig.xml file.
> I read up the config file with
> Options options = new Options("userconfig.xml");
>
> Then when I watch the file with Acrobat, it a message shows up:
> "Unable to extract the embedded font 'ArialHU'. Some characters..."
>
> userconfig.xml:
> embed-file="d:\pdflib\Arial1.pfm">
> weight="normal"></font-triplet>

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Font embending

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
On 26.11.2002 09:25:12 Oleg Tkachenko wrote:
> Nyári Gyõzõ wrote:
>
> > userconfig.xml:
> > embed-file="d:\pdflib\Arial1.pfm">
> Should be
> embed-file="d:\pdflib\Arial1.pfb">
>
> Probably font embedding page should updated to provide an example of
> type1 font registration in userconfig.xml.

Will do.

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Font embending

Posted by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@multiconn.com>.

Re: Font embending

Posted by Nyári Győző <mo...@interware.hu>.
I've the embed-file param in the userconfig.xml file.
I read up the config file with
Options options = new Options("userconfig.xml");

Then when I watch the file with Acrobat, it a message shows up:
"Unable to extract the embedded font 'ArialHU'. Some characters..."

userconfig.xml:
embed-file="d:\pdflib\Arial1.pfm">
weight="normal"></font-triplet>

Thanks,
Mojo

Re: Font embending

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.

On 25.11.2002 18:51:01 Nyári Gyõzõ wrote:
> Hi!
>
> How can I embend fonts in the pdf?
> I've the emded-file param in the userconfig.xml.
> The faq writes: "Provide$$$"
> It isn't implemented?

Jeremias Maerki

Font embending

Re: Columns

Posted by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@multiconn.com>.
marco scotoni wrote:

> it's possible to use an tag or property to divide in column my text,except
> column-count on body-region??
What's wrong with column-count?

> Original:
>
> BlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaB
> BlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaB
> BlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaB
>
> as i want:
>
> blablablablabla    blablablablabla
> blablablablabla    blablablablabla
> blablablablabla    blablablablabla
> blablablablabla    blablablablabla
> blablablablabla    blablablablabla
>
> Any trick?
You can emulate it with list or blind table, but you cannot get the behaviour
of flowing content into columns.

Columns

Re: subscripts in pdf

Posted by lepekhine <le...@fors.spb.ru>.
Thank you, Oleg!

> lepeklhine wrote:
> > I use fop 0.20.4 and dockbook-xsl-1.55.0
> > I can not manage subscripts in pdf files
> > to be rendered as they must be - they always
> > appeare as the ordinary text.
>
> Probably docbook-xsl uses baseline-shift property for subscripts, but
> unfortunately baseline-shift is not implemented yet in FOP. Usual practice
> is to use vertical-align="sub" instead, but I have no idea how can you
> manage with it considering generic docbook-xsl stylesheets. Try to override
> subscript processing in the stylesheets.

When I changed it in xsl all subscripts and superscripts go to the proper
places. Fine!

> > The similar case happens with ulink tag -
> > it is converted to <A HREF="link"> in html page
> > but is rendered as [#link] in pdf.

I am sorry. There was HREF="#link" as I wanted to have the local link.

> > Is this fop bug or docbook-xsl bug
> > or something else that I don't know?
>
> Links should be okay, probably the problem is in a stylesheet. How does
> generated fo look like?

As for links they are OK.
I understand that I should use <link linkend=""> for local links
and not <ulink url="">.
Now all links work fine.
Thank you once more.
Alexander