Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ch Praveena <ps...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/24 08:25:09 UTC

[users@httpd] Clustering Jboss using Apache load balancer.

Hi all,

I want to cluster nodes belonging to two different machines each of which
have different jboss servers running seperately on different ports. For
this, I have copied the Jboss home directory and named seperately as Jboss1,
Jboss2, Jboss3,.. I have also changed different port numbers where
necessary, like bind address. Now, I have used the httpd 2.0.63 apache load
balancer for clustering all these nodes. Initially, all the nodes seeming
working well. But, when one node drops, I found the browser displaying the
"Session expiry". sometimes, I am even experiencing "Service unavailable 503
" error with load balancer.

This is my workers.properties file I have attached. (Please check the AJP
1.3 Connector port values too.)
# Define list of workers that will be used
# for mapping requests
# The configuration directives are valid
# for the mod_jk version 1.2.18 and later
#
worker.list=loadbalancer,status

# Define Node1
# modify the host as your host IP or DNS name.
worker.node1.port=18009
worker.node1.host=10.20.220.3
worker.node1.type=ajp13
worker.node1.lbfactor=1
# worker.node1.connection_pool_size=10 (1)

# Define Node2
# modify the host as your host IP or DNS name.
worker.node2.port=28009
worker.node2.host= 10.20.220.3
worker.node2.type=ajp13
worker.node2.lbfactor=1
# worker.node2.connection_pool_size=10 (1)

# Define Node3
# modify the host as your host IP or DNS name.
worker.node3.port=38009
worker.node3.host=10.20.220.3
worker.node3.type=ajp13
worker.node3.lbfactor=1
# worker.node3.connection_pool_size=10 (1)

# Define Node4
# modify the host as your host IP or DNS name.
worker.node4.port=48009
worker.node4.host=10.20.220.3
worker.node4.type=ajp13
worker.node4.lbfactor=1
# worker.node4.connection_pool_size=10 (1)

# Define Node5
# modify the host as your host IP or DNS name.
worker.node5.port=58009
worker.node5.host=10.20.220.15
worker.node5.type=ajp13
worker.node5.lbfactor=1
# worker.node5.connection_pool_size=10 (1)

# Define Node6
# modify the host as your host IP or DNS name.
worker.node6.port=68009
worker.node6.host=10.20.220.15
worker.node6.type=ajp13
worker.node6.lbfactor=1
# worker.node6.connection_pool_size=10 (1)

# Load-balancing behaviour
worker.loadbalancer.type=lb
worker.loadbalancer.balance_workers=node1,node2,node3,node4,node5,node6
worker.loadbalancer.sticky_session=1
#worker.list=loadbalancer

# Status worker for managing load balancer
worker.status.type=status

My uriworkermap.properties file.
 # Simple worker configuration file
#

# Mount the Servlet context to the ajp13 worker

/casper-2.1=loadbalancer

/casper-2.1**/*=loadbalancer

/web-console=loadbalancer
/web-console/*=loadbalancer

Please let me know where I might have gone wrong.
I have followed the document,
http://www.jboss.org/file-access/default/members/jbossas/freezone/docs/Clustering_Guide/beta422/pdf/Clustering_Guide.pdf

Praveena Chalamcharla,
Securview....

RE: [users@httpd] Clustering Jboss using Apache load balancer.

Posted by Narendra Verma <na...@impetus.co.in>.
Hi,
You wrote that "Initially, all the nodes seeming working well" that means your environment is working well for loadbalancing....
Ensure that there must be setup among jboss servers for clustering support (session replication). If yes then you have to configure like

           worker.loadbalancer.sticky_session=0 (for clustering or session replication)

Supporting for load balancing with Clustering.

Thanks
Narendra
Impetus

worker.node1.host=10.20.220.3<http://10.20.220.3>