Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Henri Dupre <he...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/15 19:55:42 UTC

Nice speedup with prop

I switched many pages from our website to prop. The switch wasnt that
straightforward (had to get rid of all the old properties in the .page
files) but the speed boost is nice. Our main pages are almost 2x faster and
the rendering time is now < 100 ms!!

--
Henri Dupre
Actualis Center

Re: Nice speedup with prop

Posted by Henri Dupre <he...@gmail.com>.
On 1/16/07, Holger Stolzenberg <h....@ewerk.com> wrote:

> But should there be no logic in the templates ?

I don't really care if there is, or not, any logic in the templates, but
doing some simple comparisons with ognl is saving me lots of uninteresting
java code.

--
Henri Dupre
Actualis Center

Re: Nice speedup with prop

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
On 1/16/07, Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah..The new ognl version should be just as fast as tapestry-prop.
> (only with the obvious benefits of supporting a full expression
> language)

Interesting...

> I don't know when it will be released. The guy who owns opensymphony
> is supposedly in the process of setting up a new svn repo for it so
> I'll know then..

BTW Jesse are you part of that team too?

--
Massimo
http://meridio.blogspot.com

Re: Nice speedup with prop

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

--
Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer

AW: Nice speedup with prop

Posted by Holger Stolzenberg <h....@ewerk.com>.
But should there be no logic in the templates ?

Mit lieben Grüßen aus dem eWerk

--
Henri Dupre
Actualis Center

Re: Nice speedup with prop

Posted by Henri Dupre <he...@gmail.com>.

--
Henri Dupre
Actualis Center

Re: Nice speedup with prop

Posted by D&J Gredler <dj...@gmail.com>.
Actually, it looks like Jesse already has some numbers for us!

http://blog.opencomponentry.com/2007/01/14/new-ognl-release-on-the-horizon-its-faster/
http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=43837

Re: Nice speedup with prop

Posted by D&J Gredler <dj...@gmail.com>.