Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by fredk2 <fr...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/18 04:35:44 UTC

mod_proxy_ajp vs mod_jk

Hi,

I have read many postings about this topic, but one mod_proxy_ajp
configuration detail eludes me.

When using mod_jk you can ensure that the apache and tomcat are restricted
to each other with the use of a unique secret word.  In the
workers.properties documentation the directive secret says:

        http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/config/workers.html

secret - If set to AJP Connector secret keyword, only request with this
keyword are successfull responding. Use request.useSecret="true" and
request.secret="secret key word" at your tomcat ajp Connector configuration.

The question is - how can you set secret in mod_proxy_ajp ?

If this feature is not (yet) implemented, can this be easily added - aka can
we expect this in a later version :) ?

Please let me know if this post should be made on apache-httpd dev forum.

In advance thank you for you replies,
Fred

Re: mod_proxy_ajp vs mod_jk

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.
Hi,
Fred, I think you may be confusing IPFilter (the Solaris-specific
package) with a generic IP filter.  I might be misunderstanding Mladen
myself, but I think he meant a simple configuration of Tomcat's Remote
Address Valve (http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/valve.html)
or a similar component at the javax.servlet.Filter level.

Yoav

Re: mod_proxy_ajp vs mod_jk

Posted by fredk2 <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mladen,

Re: mod_proxy_ajp vs mod_jk

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.

Re: mod_proxy_ajp vs mod_jk

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
Hi,

fredk2 wrote:
> The question is - how can you set secret in mod_proxy_ajp ?

Not at the moment.

> If this feature is not (yet) implemented, can this be easily added - aka can
> we expect this in a later version :) ?
>
> Please let me know if this post should be made on apache-httpd dev forum.

You'll reach Mladen, who ported mod_jk to mod_proxy_* on this list, but
you should better post to httpd-dev to make sure, all the other
developers are able to read it.

Rainer