Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2022/03/07 12:30:48 UTC

Camel 3.16.0 Release

Hi

We have a lot of stuff going into 3.16.0 already, so I think it would
be good to close down and get the last bits done, and then cut a
release on thursday/friday or over the weekend?

If I get some clear time then I would work on

Which is a bigger work but is important to have a common error handler
model in the core DSL so it's standard in all DSLs and we dont have
custom code for yaml, xml, java etc.

However it does require a few days of many hours of uninterrupted work
to get around all of the needed changes.

Otavio, is there more work needed for the resumable EIP ?

For tickets with 3.16.0 as target then it would be good to move
tickets to 3.17.0 that you know that you will not implement this week.

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: Camel 3.16.0 Release

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@gmail.com>.
As always Gregor, thanks a lot for your time.

Don't worry, it's totally fine.

Thanks again!

Re: Camel 3.16.0 Release

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

Re: Camel 3.16.0 Release

Posted by Nicolas Filotto <nf...@talend.com>.
Hi again,

It should be good now; it is enabled only with the maven profile plugin-itest like other maven plugins.

Thank you for your patience,
Regards,
Nicolas
________________________________
Posted by Gregor Zurowski <gr...@list.zurowski.org>.
Hi Nicolas,

Re: Camel 3.16.0 Release

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Mar 22, 2022 at 10:13 AM Nicolas Filotto <nf...@talend.com> wrote:

> Hi Claus,
>
> OK, I do it now. In which branch(es) main only or also in the release branch?

main and
https://github.com/apache/camel/tree/release/3.16.0

Re: Camel 3.16.0 Release

Posted by Nicolas Filotto <nf...@talend.com>.
Hi Claus,

Re: Camel 3.16.0 Release

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nicolas

Re: Camel 3.16.0 Release

Re: Camel 3.16.0 Release

Posted by Gregor Zurowski <gr...@list.zurowski.org>.

Re: Camel 3.16.0 Release

Posted by Otavio Rodolfo Piske <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi, sorry to drive a bit off-topic, but  ... I wonder if it would be worth
it to start tracking in Jira the ways we can make our release simpler? If
anyone has a list, please feel free to message me and I can add these to
the jira.

Of course, this alone won't solve any problems, but we may start to tackle
them as permitted by our free time.

Kind regards

Otavio R. Piske
http://orpiske.net

Re: Camel 3.16.0 Release

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Backport for sure.

--
Andrea Cosentino
----------------------------------

On Wednesday, March 23, 2022, 11:06:59 AM GMT+1, Gregor Zurowski <gr...@list.zurowski.org> wrote:

Should I keep my changes for the testcontainers removal local
(https://github.com/apache/camel-spring-boot/commit/dc45a6a0267effce166f1c5edb23ee93505147e5)
to the 3.16.x branch or should I backport it into main?

Thanks,
Gregor

Re: Camel 3.16.0 Release

Posted by Gregor Zurowski <gr...@list.zurowski.org>.

Re: Camel 3.16.0 Release

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gregor

Re: Camel 3.16.0 Release

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
I will setup 3 gh actions, to run dryRun every day. So we will know problems ahead of time.

--
Andrea Cosentino
----------------------------------

Re: Camel 3.16.0 Release

Posted by Gregor Zurowski <gr...@list.zurowski.org>.

Re: Camel 3.16.0 Release

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Re: Camel 3.16.0 Release

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Re: Camel 3.16.0 Release

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Re: Camel 3.16.0 Release

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Re: Camel 3.16.0 Release

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Camel 3.16.0 Release

Posted by Gregor Zurowski <gr...@list.zurowski.org>.

Re: Camel 3.16.0 Release

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gregor

Re: Camel 3.16.0 Release

Posted by Gregor Zurowski <gr...@list.zurowski.org>.
Hi Everyone:

Re: Camel 3.16.0 Release

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

Re: Camel 3.16.0 Release

Posted by Gregor Zurowski <gr...@list.zurowski.org>.
Hi Claus,

Re: Camel 3.16.0 Release

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Re: Camel 3.16.0 Release

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

On Mon, Mar 7, 2022 at 1:30 PM Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> We have a lot of stuff going into 3.16.0 already, so I think it would
> be good to close down and get the last bits done, and then cut a
> release on thursday/friday or over the weekend?
>
> If I get some clear time then I would work on
>
> Which is a bigger work but is important to have a common error handler
> model in the core DSL so it's standard in all DSLs and we dont have
> custom code for yaml, xml, java etc.
>
> However it does require a few days of many hours of uninterrupted work
> to get around all of the needed changes.

So I dived into this today and can see it's more complex as by
introducing <errorHandler> in the core model,
then we clash with the legacy spring/blueprint DSL that has their own
special error handler.

This means the work either need find a clever hack for this. Or to
rename the spring <errorHandler> or to use
a new name in core DSL. Or remove all the spring special error handler
and require using the core error handler,
which means there will be migration effort for spring XML legacy users.

However all together this is a week long work to get around all of
this so I am pushing this for 3.17.0.

Re: Camel 3.16.0 Release

Posted by Otavio Rodolfo Piske <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I finished what I have planned for the Resume API v2 for 3.16.0 - the
remaining stuff (mostly including it for other components) will be done for
3.17. I considering whether or not to add full example, but that's not a
deal breaker (the code from the example is already part of the
documentation).

Later today or tomorrow I'll be reviewing the tickets I have opened for
3.16 and will be closing them.

Kind Regards

Re: Camel 3.16.0 Release

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@gmail.com>.