Posted to user@ranger.apache.org by na...@bt.com on 2021/12/15 16:44:28 UTC

Ranger 2.2.0 Build Failure

Hi There,

I'm trying to build Ranger 2.2.0 based on the instructions on the ranger apache site. The build seems to go smoothly until it builds the distro module and throws the following error from the command mvn -DskipTests=false clean compile package install assembly:assembly from the quick start guide.

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:2.6:single (default) on project ranger-distro: Failed to create assembly: Error creating assembly archive schema-registry-plugin: Problem creating jar: jar:file:/home/vagrant/ranger/distro/target/ranger-distro-2.2.0.jar!/META-INF/maven/org.apache.ranger/ranger-distro/pom.xml: JAR entry META-INF/maven/org.apache.ranger/ranger-distro/pom.xml not found in /home/vagrant/ranger/distro/target/ranger-distro-2.2.0.jar -> [Help 1]

I haven't made any changes and have downloaded and unpacked the tar from the ranger site.

I wondered if anyone had any advice or recommendations?

Kind Regards,

Nathan

Re: Ranger 2.2.0 Build Failure

Posted by Vinicius Rodrigues <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Natahn,

My advice is that you compile with command *mvn -DskipTests=false clean
compile package install*, you can use this command for you to extract the
Ranger Admin.

However, without the assemblies you may have trouble activating the Ranger
plugins, for that you can use *mvn -DskipTests=false compile package
install assembly:assembly*, and then, extract the ranger plugins, for
example, HDFS Ranger Plugin, Hive Ranger Plugin.

Finally, my approach is to compile first to extract Ranger Admin and then
compile again, even if I get the error, to extract the Ranger plugins.

--
Atenciosamente,

*Vinicius Rodrigues*

*Information Systems Undergraduate - UFMG*
*Electrical technician - SENAI*