Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Frank Dahmen <fr...@dahmenia.de> on 2013/12/01 11:14:42 UTC

Profiling mobile app

is this possible with flashbuilder?

are there any other tools?

thanks

Re: view does not resize after softkeyboard

Posted by Frank Dahmen <fr...@dahmenia.de>.
it seems that dispatching a SoftKeyboardEvent.SOFT_KEYBOARD_DEACTIVATE
on enter and on focusout works

but after that, popups created and centered
(PopUpManager.centerPopUp(popup);)
show above the center, don't got it yet, looks like they are displayed
the half of their height over the center

so dispatching the event is not enough, what else has to be reseted for
a proper "keyboard-close"?

thanks

Re: Profiling mobile app

Posted by Frank Dahmen <fr...@dahmenia.de>.
Thanks Maurice

RE: Profiling mobile app

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.
I don't know for FD.

Re: Profiling mobile app

Posted by Frank Dahmen <fr...@dahmenia.de>.
yes i did,
but i have to do it before i start the app (should this work)
because another issue is, everytime i click outside the emulator, it
closes......(maybe problem of my new win 8.0. ??? which i have to upgrade)
so when starting the profiler than starting the emulator should work (as
i said it says "profiling...")
then there is a problem with fd or air etc.

RE: Profiling mobile app

Posted by Kessler CTR Mark J <ma...@usmc.mil>.

Re: Profiling mobile app

Posted by Frank Dahmen <fr...@dahmenia.de>.
FD says:

Re: SkinnablePopupContainer.open() -> close() -> increases System.privateMemory

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
FlashPlayer GC is "opportunistic".  It doesn't run as a background task.
It generally runs at the end of some frames and before it has to allocate
new pages of memory.

Also, FP memory is supposedly never condensed when fragmented so a simple
test of opening and closing a dialog several times may still result in
memory statistics going up just because of fragmentation.  You have to run
1000's of repetitions of a particular code path to see if memory
statistics reach a steady state before you know for sure you have a leak.

-Alex

On 12/6/13 12:51 AM, "Frank Dahmen" <fr...@dahmenia.de> wrote:

>Thanks,
>
>seems to work when i call gc() on close
>
>but i read that one shouldn't do that and as i understand it shouldn't
>be necessary
>
>because if it can be destroyed it will be destroyed
>
>but in fact calling it keeps memory down, not calling it increases memory
>

>Am 06.12.2013 09:35, schrieb Thiago Maia:
>> Hello Frank
>>
>>    I usually do in this way to dont increase the memory
>>
>> PopUpManager.removePopUp(this);
>> flash.system.System.gc();
>>
>> regards
>>
>> Thiago Maia
>> a00s@a00s.com
>> On 12/6/2013 12:16 AM, Frank Dahmen wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> see subject, i think I've cleaned up the popup
>>> i also did a test with a clean (empty) SkinnablePopupContainer.
>>>
>>> privateMemory goes up, not eyery time, so i think it can be
>>> destroyed.... but only sometimes????
>>>
>>> opened and closed 10 times:
>>>
>>> System.privateMemory: 53784576
>>> System.privateMemory: 54345728
>>> System.privateMemory: 54910976
>>> System.privateMemory: 55443456
>>> System.privateMemory: 54837248
>>> System.privateMemory: 55447552
>>> System.privateMemory: 55934976
>>> System.privateMemory: 56307712
>>> System.privateMemory: 56418304

Posted by Frank Dahmen <fr...@dahmenia.de>.
ok, thanks
I still got scout not working on phone (problem with flashdevelop)
but for now i can say if gc() works, the component has no memory leak,
right?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Also, System.gc() doesn't work on production Flash Players.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Frank Dahmen <fr...@dahmenia.de>.
Thanks,

Posted by Thiago Maia <a0...@a00s.com>.
Hello Frank

    I usually do in this way to dont increase the memory

PopUpManager.removePopUp(this);
flash.system.System.gc();

regards

Thiago Maia
a00s@a00s.com
On 12/6/2013 12:16 AM, Frank Dahmen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> see subject, i think I've cleaned up the popup
> i also did a test with a clean (empty) SkinnablePopupContainer.
>
> privateMemory goes up, not eyery time, so i think it can be
> destroyed.... but only sometimes????
>
> opened and closed 10 times:
>
> System.privateMemory: 53784576
> System.privateMemory: 54345728
> System.privateMemory: 54910976
> System.privateMemory: 55443456
> System.privateMemory: 54837248
> System.privateMemory: 55447552
> System.privateMemory: 55934976
> System.privateMemory: 56307712
> System.privateMemory: 56418304
> System.privateMemory: 56414208
>

> or is System.privateMemory not the right value to look at?
>
> thanks

---

SkinnablePopupContainer.open() -> close() -> increases System.privateMemory

RE: Profiling mobile app

Posted by Kessler CTR Mark J <ma...@usmc.mil>.
Well I'll give it a shot tonight sometime and see if I can get the emulator to work with it.

-Mark

Re: Profiling mobile app

Posted by Frank Dahmen <fr...@dahmenia.de>.
yes its debug version