Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <bo...@redwerk.com> on 2007/07/30 17:43:52 UTC

merge 2 web applications into 1

Hello there!

I have some (strange?) requirement:

there is a web application, let's say projectA. This application contains some
classes, required libraries, images, javascript/jsp files etc.

now I have application (projectB), which depends on projectA. To resolve such
dependency, I need to have projectA be "merged" into the directory structure
of WEB application of projectB, and then pack projectB as a WAR file.

How can I do this? I assume I need to prepare a package of application
projectA in some way (as a WAR file probably?) and then unpack this war file
into target directory for projectB, and then create WAR package?

Another thing is how can I compile classes for projectA, package them as JAR
file, and then include into WAR file (WEB-INF/lib)?

--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky

Re: merge 2 web applications into 1

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Maven2 supports this already. It is called WAR overlaying.
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin/examples/war-overlay.html

Wayne