Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Eric Evans <ee...@rackspace.com> on 2010/07/07 17:17:47 UTC

Coke Products at Digg?

I heard a rumor that Digg was moving away from Coca-Cola products in all
of its vending machines and break rooms. Can anyone from Digg comment on
this?

My near-term beverage consumption strategy is based largely on my
understanding of Digg's, so if there has been a change, I may need to
reevaluate.

--
Eric Evans
eevans@rackspace.com

Re: Coke Products at Digg?

Posted by Eric Evans <ee...@rackspace.com>.
On Wed, 2010-07-07 at 10:28 -0700, Ryan King wrote:
> I can't really comment on specifics, but Twitter is more of a tea and
> coffee company.

No offense Ryan, but I don't think people actually take what Twitter
does into account when making important decisions like this.

--
Eric Evans
eevans@rackspace.com

Re: Coke Products at Digg?

Posted by Ryan King <ry...@twitter.com>.
On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 8:50 AM, Mike Malone <mi...@simplegeo.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 8:17 AM, Eric Evans <ee...@rackspace.com> wrote:
>>
>> I heard a rumor that Digg was moving away from Coca-Cola products in all
>> of its vending machines and break rooms. Can anyone from Digg comment on
>> this?
>>
>> My near-term beverage consumption strategy is based largely on my
>> understanding of Digg's, so if there has been a change, I may need to
>> reevaluate.
>
> Not sure about Digg, but I heard Twitter is switching over to Fanta. It's
> been adopted by Coke so it must be fairly stable. There's not as much
> flexibility in the product lineup, but what they do offer is extremely
> delicious. Just my $0.02.

I can't really comment on specifics, but Twitter is more of a tea and
coffee company.

-ryan

Re: Coke Products at Digg?

Posted by Daniel Jue <te...@gmail.com>.
We've developed a beverage API called Koozie which allows drinkers to
remain soda agnostic.
It supports all popular canned liquids and Drink Injection thought its
integrated Inversion Of Can container.

Re: Coke Products at Digg?

Posted by malcolm smith <ma...@treehousesystems.com>.

Re: Coke Products at Digg?

Posted by Jake Luciani <ja...@gmail.com>.
Coke sucks! Only drink it if you want to work hard for 20 minutes then crash.

I started a new cola that's already way better than Coke and it will solve all your problems. I'm finalizing my results but so far I only need one drink per WEEK!

Re: Coke Products at Digg?

Posted by Mike Malone <mi...@simplegeo.com>.

Re: Coke Products at Digg?

Posted by Clint Byrum <cl...@ubuntu.com>.
Either way, they all seem to have decided to ship with a dependency on HFCS instead of Sugar, even though users seem to have a better experience with Sugar, the cost benefit of using HFCS is worth the hit in user satisfaction.

Re: Coke Products at Digg?

Posted by Miguel Verde <mi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Coke Products at Digg?

Posted by Mike Malone <mi...@simplegeo.com>.

Re: Coke Products at Digg?

Posted by Tom Melendez <to...@supertom.com>.

> My near-term beverage consumption strategy is based largely on my
> understanding of Digg's, so if there has been a change, I may need to
> reevaluate.

Strategy?  Care to elaborate?

Thanks,

Tom

Re: Coke Products at Digg?

Posted by Chris Goffinet <cg...@chrisgoffinet.com>.
You know Eric, at Digg we are really concerned. Last week we called for a Town Hall meeting to discuss this very issue.

Thankfully we do not technically have 'vending machines'. More like a kitchen that houses what we call a 'refrigerator'. Our lawyers are checking in to make sure the city does not try to stipulate the classification as 'vending machine'. We anticipate greater lines at places like Cosco because of this ban.

All in all, we take this matter very seriously.

-Chris

Re: Coke Products at Digg?

Posted by Ben Standefer <be...@simplegeo.com>.
Hi, my name is Larry and I am the Beverage Considerer for NUB Enterprises.
 I am new to Coke and Digg, but I've already been reading Coke's nutrition
facts on the internet and even purchased a bottle the other day (it's
sitting in my office fridge right now).  It looks like quite a promising
office beverage.  I have a few questions though:

- Does anybody know how much sugar coke has?
- Does anybody know why people are drinking coke?
- Can I get coke that is clear, uncarbonated, and sugar-free?
- My specific situation requires Coke in 8.5oz bottles?  Can anybody figure
out a way to do this for me?

Thanks, I've heard great things about the people that drink Coke and I
really look forward to potentially being one of them someday.  I'm thinking
if an 8.5oz bottle option is added then I'll be able to switch NUB
Enterprises over to Coke in about 2 weeks, give or take a few days.
 Awesome, thanks in advance!

==========

Larry Morton
Beverage Considerer, NUB Enterprises
Phone: 415-555-0123
Fax: 415-555-9876

"Our NUB is your delight"

Re: Coke Products at Digg?

Posted by Eric Evans <ee...@rackspace.com>.

--
Eric Evans
eevans@rackspace.com

Re: Coke Products at Digg?

Posted by Miguel Verde <mi...@gmail.com>.
Is it true the Mexican engineers have managed to remove the dependency on
HCFS?  That should spur uptake.

Re: Coke Products at Digg?

Posted by Chris Goffinet <go...@digg.com>.
Hahaha.