Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by kaki <ka...@gmx.de> on 2006/11/16 11:01:32 UTC

Newbie: Get SOAPMessage for a web service call

Hi all,

In my app I need to pass a Soap request message as a parameter. I tried to
naively retrieve the Message object from MessageContext, but the retrieved
Message is always null. So either this simple approach is completely wrong
or I'm missing a step..

My code is like this..:

Service  service = new Service();
Call     call    = (Call) service.createCall();
//configure call
call.setTargetEndpointAddress( new java.net.URL(endpoint));
call.setOperationName(new QName("http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/",
"method"));

MessageContext context = call.getMessageContext();
SOAPMessage message = context.getRequestMessage(); //message is null
message.getSOAPBody();

Any hint as to what I'm doing wrong would be appreciated. I figure the
solution is fairly easy, but I have not found it yet in any of the docs and
lists..

Thanks alot,
kaki