Posted to user@ode.apache.org by David Georg Reichelt <da...@yahoo.de> on 2011/06/04 15:12:50 UTC

Trying to get ODE started

Hi,

I am currently trying to start ODE and just run the examples, by doing
what is described here http://ode.apache.org/war-deployment.html . As I
am running ubuntu, tomcat was already installed, so I just put the .war
File in the webapps directory (so /var/lib/tomcat6/webapps/). It also
was already named ode.war (the text said, I should rename the .war File
from the root directory and name it ode.war, but it was already called
this way). Afterwards, I tryied running the testpage by viewing
http://localhost:8080/ode through the browser, but it wasn't working (it
says 404,*description* _The requested resource (/ode/) is not
available.). _Unfortunately, the examples aren't working, too. I tried
to copy them and then run them by calling "sendsoap", but it said:

org/apache/ode/tools/sendsoap/cline/HttpSoapSender
org.apache.ode.tools.sendsoap.cline.HttpSoapSender
     at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
Could not find the main class:
org.apache.ode.tools.sendsoap.cline.HttpSoapSender. Program will exit.

For this, I used the .war-file in version 1.3.5. I don't know, why ode
isn't starting, does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Best Regards,
David

Re: Trying to get ODE started

Posted by Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

did tomcat explode the war? There should be now an ode directory
within the webapps directory. If it is and it is nevertheless not
working, please have a look at tomcats log files, perhaps there are
some exceptions logged.

HTH,
  Tammo

--