Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Donnieclark <ex...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/12 08:21:55 UTC

Distribution of messages among multiple subscribers of a queue in activemq

Hello Guys,

How can messages be distributed among subscribers of a queue ? I have a
customer-support chat scenario using activemq where multiple customers can
chat with multiple support representatives. Customer can use a static queue
or temporary queues for listening. But how can we distribute chat among
different support representatives which uses a single support queue for
listening? Also how a fixed chat session can be established between one
customer and one support representative such that support representative
will only respond to the current customer and if there is another request it
will be forwarded to other subscriber of the support queue??

Thanks

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
https://forums.manning.com/posts/list/30135.page;jsessionid=A5BB5C27B96D99E6C512051135A992A1
-  Whiteboard Explainer Video
<https://blog.advids.co/20-animated-whiteboard-explainer-video-examples/>

Re: Distribution of messages among multiple subscribers of a queue in activemq

Posted by Arthur Naseef <ar...@amlinv.com>.
JMS queues automatically load share across consumers.  Make sure to set
prefetch size to 1 to get the level of fairness in distribution that you'll
want for this use-case.

For the chat portion, have you looked at a chat-based solution?  The
messaging for chat is a specific pattern - point-to-point connections, with
sessions, between a mix of endpoints that are fairly-fixed (the support
representatives) and constantly-changing (support end-users).  There are
solutions that do that part well.

Art