Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Edward Barrow <ed...@copyweb.co.uk> on 2004/11/03 20:23:26 UTC

[OT] Re: Refresh Problem

On Wednesday 3 November 2004 18:29, vaneet@onvol.net wrote:
> I am not using frames.
> they are coming from either no-ip.com or from My domain name provider
> http://www.oneandone.co.uk
>
> I wrote them an email, no-ip customer support replied me to buy their no-ip
> plus software...
>
> i dont want to buy software just for refresh problem .. instead i better
> buy a dedicated ONE -IP :)
>
> there must be a way to solve it.

if you are in the UK and on DSL there are a number of ISPs who provide static
IP services without port blocking at no significant premium. But even if you
are on a dynamic IP, with a DSL router it will only change when you reboot
your router (and it often stays the same then).

But the frames could also come from the web-forwarding method used by your ISP
- you may be able to change it from their control page.

--
Edward Barrow

Re: [OT] Re: Refresh Problem

Posted by va...@onvol.net.
Dear Edward,

Thank you very very much for suggestions

I think i will find something out of these.

My ISP is www.onvol.net

and i am in malta. Will try to ask them. Normally , they dont co-operate. lets see.

regards and thankx

Vaneet