Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Dhananjayan Santhanakrishnan <sd...@yahoo.com> on 2013/10/31 03:47:20 UTC

New Dev Volunteer

Hi,

    I am Dhananjayan, from India, I completed my Bachelor's in Computer Science. I love data structures and problem solving.  I'm good in C++. How can I start contributing? I'm new to open source contribution, so can anyone help me out?? Will anyone assign task for me??

Regards,
Dhananjayan.

Re: New Dev Volunteer

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Dhananjayan Santhanakrishnan wrote:
> I am Dhananjayan, from India, I completed my Bachelor's in Computer
> Science. I love data structures and problem solving.  I'm good in
> C++. How can I start contributing? I'm new to open source
> contribution, so can anyone help me out?? Will anyone assign task for
> me??

Welcome, Dhananjayan!

Our entry point for new developers is this page:

http://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/intro-development.html

and the first thing you should focus on is to build OpenOffice (you will
find a link to the Building Guide on that page). Try and of course feel
free to ask if you have any problems.

Once you get your first build, please write to this mailing list again:
there are several tasks in the Orientation page, but we can easily find
new ones if you prefer to work on something else.

Regards,
   Andrea.