Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com> on 2006/02/01 17:06:52 UTC

Re: [result] [vote] XBean donation

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
Geir Magnusson Jr wrote, On 2/1/2006 8:24 AM:
> I was sick and traveling the past few days, so I missed the whole vote.
>
> I'm not necessarily against it, but worried about pointless growth - my
> only question is "why bring this in?"  It's good code and all, but
> normally we try to draw some line between the existing project's goals
> and what the addition does.
>
> Maybe I missed the discussion before the vote...

IIRC, Dain brought this up last year.  Integrating XBean into Geronimo
will bring in many great features that I am eager to start using in
Geronimo; it does not fall in the classification of pointless growth.

I am happy to see the technology that will make my life easier brought in.

Regards,
Alan

Re: [result] [vote] XBean donation

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote, On 2/1/2006 8:06 AM:

> Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>
>>Vote passed with:
>>
>>+1 Jeff Genender, Alan Cabrera, Sachin Patel, Dain Sundstrom, David
>>Blevins, Andy Piper, Aaron Mulder, Davanum Srinivas, Jacek Laskowski,
>>Bruce Snyder, Jason Dillion, Gianny Damour, John Sission, David
>>Jencks, James Strachan
>>
>>No -1s
>>
>>I'll file the paperwork with the incubator and import later today.
>

> Less than 50 of the committers have voted, but 72 hours
> have passed since the vote was called.
>
> Does anyone wish to extend the vote longer?

I think that it is always understood that some contributors will be
inactive.  If some form of quorum was required then we would have to
institute a policy of assigning certain members an emeritus status.
These policies have not been put in place at Geronimo at the time of
this vote.

We always have the capability of removing the code, actually any code
for that matter, at a later time.

I think that the vote should be concluded.

Regards,
Alan