Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Archana Turaga <Ar...@intervoice.com> on 2005/10/18 17:55:59 UTC

HELP!! Jetspeed 1.6-Fusion question

Hi,
Please experts help. I have a filter in my struts app that gets the user
info from the REnderRequest method of getRemoteUser(). My questions are
as follows:

1) Since the portal that is hosting the struts app is one webapp and the
struts app itself is another webapp there are two sessions getting
created Right?
2) How do I sync up these two sessions i.e. when I logout of the main
portal's session what can I do to invalidate the hosted webapplication's
session?
3) If I were to pass in additional request parameters other than user
information is it possible?

I have a short deadline to figure this out and I have been scouring the
fusion code and Jetspeed code to check the info...but to no avail..i'm
just going in circles. We have been using the Jetspeed with good success
and are satisfied with what we got out of it(Great work Jetspeed
Developers!!!)...but this seems to be the last hurdle we want to
cross...once this is addressed the basics are in place and at a later
date we plan to move to Jetspeed 2.0.

Thanks in advance for your time and patience...but please help...
Regards,
Archana

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Archana Turaga wrote:
> Hi,
> Please experts help. I have a filter in my struts app that gets the user
> info from the REnderRequest method of getRemoteUser(). My questions are
> as follows:
>
> 1) Since the portal that is hosting the struts app is one webapp and the
> struts app itself is another webapp there are two sessions getting
> created Right?

yes, two sessions, one for jetspeed, one for your struts app

> 2) How do I sync up these two sessions i.e. when I logout of the main
> portal's session what can I do to invalidate the hosted webapplication's
> session?

Hmm, perhaps patch into the Jetspeed-1 logout action and dispatch to a
logout url in your struts app?