Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Jeremy Arnold <je...@hotpop.com> on 2003/12/03 03:23:31 UTC

Back with some proxy updates

Hello,
    After a somewhat longer break than I was intending, I'm back to
doing some JMeter work.  We're settled back in the U.S. now after our
year in Sweden.  I'm a little behind on the JMeter mailing lists, but
have continued to read the messages and will eventually get caught up.
And while I haven't been doing development for JMeter, I did actually
have a chance to use it a couple weeks ago, and made myself a wish list
of things to work on in the future.

    I just committed a couple of changes to the Proxy server.  Looks
like there has been a lot of activity there, but this change is in a
different chunk of the code, so hopefully it won't get in the way.  I
was having a problem with the Exclude Patterns -- it turned out to be a
bad regex on my part (I forgot that I needed to consider the query
string as part of the URL), but while debugging it I managed to refactor
some duplicated code and simplify it a bit.

    I also noticed that when we call the regex processor we were using &
to combine flags -- it looks to me like this should be | and I've
changed the code in this case to use |.  I noticed the same pattern in
other JMeter code as well, so this may be a victim of Copy|Paste.  I'll
search for those other uses and fix them when I have a chance.  I don't
think this bug would actually cause any problems in this particular
case, so it's not surprising that it has gone unnoticed.

    Anyway, just wanted to say that I'm back, and hopefully I'll be able
to put a bit more effort into JMeter development in these next few weeks.

Jeremy
http://xirr.com/~jeremy_a/