Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Marc Poulin <mc...@vindigo.com> on 2002/06/06 21:56:38 UTC

using own log4j w/ant

Hi again,
 We are using ant1.4.1, and want to use our own log4j config file.  I've
tried invoking ant like this:
% ant -Dlog4j.configuration=file:/foo/console.log4j.properties target

Running this in verbose mode shows that the property is set, but in fact,
our log4j config file isn't used. I also tried setting the property within
the build.xml file - no dice, either.
The only way I've been able to get this to work is to add the -D parameter
to the last line of the /usr/bin/ant
script - then there is no problem.  Is there a way around this, or am I
doing something wrong?
Thanks,
Marc

Re: using own log4j w/ant

Posted by Gordon Tyler <go...@sitraka.com>.
>  We are using ant1.4.1, and want to use our own log4j config file.  I've
> tried invoking ant like this:
> % ant -Dlog4j.configuration=file:/foo/console.log4j.properties target

Try putting your -D parameter in the ANT_OPTS environment variable.

Ciao,
Gordon