Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Yasser Zamani <ya...@apache.org> on 2019/09/09 18:13:08 UTC

ApacheCon Europe 2019: Join Struts Hackathon!

Dear Struts Community (@user, @dev, @pmc),

There will be a hackathon space at ApacheCon Europe 2019 in Berlin
reserved for Struts. It will be available on 23rd/24th October from 1:00
PM for 2/4 hours.

We want to invite everybody to participate on the hackathon where we are
collaboratively researching, discussing and developing effective usage
of Asynchronous [1] using Struts. Then we are trying to add it into Struts.

That's our initial default topic, would you like to amend? If so,
collaborative development on project source code, improvements to
project documentation, and development of example apps or tools built
upon Struts are all encouraged.

Furthermore, it's a nice opportunity to get in touch with other users,
contributors and committers.

More details will be available leading up to the event, but here’s
generally what to expect:

- Dedicated space with chairs, power, wifi, snacks, and caffeine.
- Tables dedicated to Struts.
- ‘Getting Started’ discussions for new and aspiring committers
- (industrial) IoT Corner with industrial equipment to code against

Interested? Email user@struts.apache.org to amend topic or just to count
attendees :)

Thanks!
Apache Struts Team

P.S. Swag and stickers on RedBubble are also available [2]. Enjoy!

[1]
https://www.hackerearth.com/practice/notes/asynchronous-servlets-in-java/
[2]
https://www.redbubble.com/people/comdev/works/40935299-apache-struts?asc=u