Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by "Shirawadekar, Natasha" <na...@bankofamerica.com> on 2015/04/29 17:24:42 UTC

Unable to install webconsole feature

Hello,

I am brand new to Apache Servicemix - I have installed apache-servicemix-5.4.0, and am following the quick start guide to get started, but I am unable to run a simple command on the Karaf Console.

Could someone please guide me?

karaf@root> features:list | grep webconsole
[uninstalled] [2.4.1           ] webconsole                              karaf-2.4.1               Karaf WebConsole for administration and monitoring
karaf@root> features:install webconsole
Error executing command: Can't install feature webconsole/0.0.0:
Error resolving artifact org.apache.felix:org.apache.felix.metatype:jar:1.0.10: Could not transfer artifact org.apache.felix:org.apache.felix.metatype:jar:1.0.10 from/to maven.central.r
epo (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/): repo1.maven.org
karaf@root>

Thank you,
Natasha

This message, and any attachments, is for the intended recipient(s) only, may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or proprietary and subject to important terms and conditions available at http://www.bankofamerica.com/emaildisclaimer.   If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message.

RE: Unable to install webconsole feature

Posted by "BURN, James" <Ja...@oup.com>.
Hi

You may need to set your proxy server settings in bin/setenv

export KARAF_OPTS="-Dhttp.proxyHost=myproxyserver -Dhttp.proxyPort=8080"

I do find the error messages given by ServiceMix/Karaf when it can't access the internet very convoluted, but then again I'm not as technical as many using it.

BTW, when you are able to install features, I find Hawtio a nice alternative/supplement to the web-console, tying together ActiveMQ and Camel and Java monitoring.

Enjoy ServiceMixing

James