Posted to users@directory.apache.org by "Iliev, Hristo" <hr...@sap.com> on 2014/12/15 14:33:49 UTC

2.0.0-M19 as LDAP wrapper/proxy

Hi,

We want to integrate Cloud Foundry UAA (#1) with authentication systems not supporting LDAP natively. To do this we want to use ApacheDS 2.0.0-M19 as proxy server that delegates authentication requests to our own backend.

To ensure pluggable backend we want to use LDAP client that talks to Apache DS with search & bind or simple bind. The used user and password for the bind should then be forwarded to our backend:

Client -----> Apache DS -----> Backend

We tried to use Interceptors as described in the documentation (#2) , but we found out that lookup does not have information about the password (nor entry in the LookupOperationContext), so this seems as dead-end.

Can someone recommend the best way to implement proxy/wrapper with Apache DS 2.0.0? Should we use RequestHandlers instead?

Regards,
Hristo Iliev

1: https://github.com/cloudfoundry/uaa/blob/master/docs/UAA-LDAP.md
2: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSRVx11/6.2.+Implementing+a+simple+custom+Interceptor