Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Kim Tiedemann <ki...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/24 10:45:29 UTC

Controlling permalink

Hi there,

Is there a way to control the permalink? Since roller3.0 the permalink
has changed to

http://host/roller/blog/entry/yyyymmdd

And if there a more than one entry it is

http://host/roller/blog/entry/yyyymmdd(x)

Earlier the permalink was the title where spaces was replaced with underscores.

Why did you change that and can it be reverted or changed?

Cheers

Kim

Re: Controlling permalink

Posted by Kim Tiedemann <ki...@gmail.com>.
Hi Allen,

2006/11/24, Allen Gilliland <al...@sun.com>:
> Hmmm ... are you saying you think the entry permalink is the date?  I'm
> not sure how your permalinks would end up like that.  Roller still forms
> the permalink anchor by cleaning up the entry title and that has never
> changed.
>
> But to answer your original question, no, there is currently no way to
> control how the permalink urls are formed.

Too bad :-(

Could this be due to an upgrade from roller version 2?

Cheers

Kim

Re: Controlling permalink

Posted by Kim Tiedemann <ki...@gmail.com>.
Funny that you are experiencing the same...

You can see the problem here: http://www.tiede.dk:8080/roller/kim/entry/20061124

Even though the title is Onkel Danny and the text is filled the anchor
(and thereby permalink) is the date.

I have looked at the code and the method createAnchorBase in
WeblogEntryData class does end up by setting the anchor to date if the
title or text is not filled. In my case the title and text is filled
so I do not why it ends up in the later case. I can see that there has
been some rewriting in the code, so I have downloaded the code for the
roller3.0 release.

The createAnchorBase() method does the following after retrieving the
title or text of the entry:

if (StringUtils.isEmpty(base.trim())) {

            // Use only the first 4 words
            StringTokenizer toker = new StringTokenizer(base);
            String tmp = null;
            int count = 0;
            while (toker.hasMoreTokens() && count < 5) {
                String s = toker.nextToken();
                s = s.toLowerCase();
                tmp = (tmp == null) ? s : tmp + "_" + s;
                count++;
            }
            base = tmp;
}

So only if the base (which is either title or text) is empty then the
anchor is iterateda and created. Since this is not true we end by
setting the anchor to the date of the entry... So there is a bug in
the roller 3.0 release. It seems to have been fixed in the subversion
repository and now says if (!StringUtils.isEmpty(base)) {.

So we need to wait for the next release or build it and deploy...

Cheers

Kim

Re: Controlling permalink

Posted by Shutra Zhou <zh...@gmail.com>.