Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Kim Haase <Ca...@Sun.COM> on 2008/08/01 22:21:13 UTC

How often are the latest docs generated?

The "Latest Alpha Manuals" on the Derby documentation page at
http://db.apache.org/derby/manuals/index.html appear to have been
generated on May 21.

Is there some reason why the docs are not being regenerated regularly?
There have been some documentation commits since then, some of which
have also been backported to 10.4 -- so that should be regenerated too.

Thanks,
Kim Haase

Re: How often are the latest docs generated?

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 8:02 AM, Kim Haase <Ca...@sun.com> wrote:
> I gather you only update earlier doc releases when a patch is released --
> for instance, the doc fixes I backported to 10.4 won't be visible till
> 10.4.2 comes out? That seems appropriate.

Updating the released documentation should be handled by the release
manager. So yes, updates to that documentation would only happen once
the release has been approved.

andrew

Re: How often are the latest docs generated?

Posted by Kim Haase <Ca...@Sun.COM>.
Thanks, Andrew! I see the latest alpha docs are indeed updating. Much
appreciated.

I gather you only update earlier doc releases when a patch is released
-- for instance, the doc fixes I backported to 10.4 won't be visible
till 10.4.2 comes out? That seems appropriate.

Kim

Posted by Kim Haase <Ca...@Sun.COM>.
It looks as if something has gone wrong again, because it appears that
the last time the docs in the trunk were generated was August 15. I
wonder what the problem is?

Kim

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
I thought that Andrew had set up a daemon to generate the docs
periodically, but maybe I have garbled that. I don't remember what the
frequency was.

Regards,
-Rick

Posted by Kim Haase <Ca...@Sun.COM>.