Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Gregory VIALE <gr...@RTE-FRANCE.COM> on 2005/11/25 11:05:01 UTC

escape paramProperty in html:link in jsp ?

Hello,

Can we escape paramProperty in jps in tag html:link  my parameter have '&'

thx.

Re: please reaply as early as possible - session tracking

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@pingsite.com>.
Sony Thomas wrote:

> how the session tracking doing in Struts without using hidden field or
> URL rewriting.

Cookies.

Dave

Re: please reaply as early as possible - session tracking

Posted by David Evans <ds...@berndtgroup.net>.
And you get the HttpSession object from the request in your action like
this:
HttpSession session = req.getSession();
// where req is the HttpServletRequest passed into the "execute" method

Posted by Sony Thomas <so...@genialgenetics.com>.
Thanks to all,

I am very glad and I got answer for my question. thanks

sony

Re: please reaply as early as possible - session tracking

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@pingsite.com>.
Stephen Hartley wrote:

>When you say a long time, how long is long?

...plus the session might timeout if you have a slow user if you haven't
adjusted the session timeout value.

Aren't you glad you asked?

Dave

thanks to all, thank you very much

Posted by Sony Thomas <so...@genialgenetics.com>.
Hi,

Thanks to all, I got answer for my question. thanks a lot

sony

Re: please reaply as early as possible - session tracking

Posted by Stephen Hartley <st...@yahoo.co.uk>.
When you say a long time, how long is long?

A session is unique to a user.  Should the value you
want to persist be available to more than one (or all)
users?  If so, then you may be better using the
servlet context...

> struts. how can I set the
> > value from jsp and how can I retrieve that value
> in action from session
> > object.

Setting a session attribute from a JSP is not very
MVC.  Doing this in one of your action classes might
be cleaner/easier to maintain/understand in the
future...

HTH

Stephen

Posted by Srinivas Jadcharla <jd...@gmail.com>.
You can use HttpSession Object..In that you have setAttribute("") and
getAttribute("") mthods.

On 11/29/05, Sony Thomas <so...@genialgenetics.com> wrote:

> Hi Stephen,
>
> What I want to know is suppose I have to store some value to session. Is
> there is something called Session object in struts. how can I set the
> value from jsp and how can I retrieve that value in action from session
> object. My problem is that i have to set the value to the session and I
> have to keep that value for quiet a long time. I will be using that
> value in different actions. so how can i set the value to the session
> which should be persistent for long time
>
> thanks Stephen for the reply
>
> sony

Thanks & Regards

Srinivas
732-648-9421(Cell)

Re: please reaply as early as possible - session tracking

Posted by Stephen Hartley <st...@yahoo.co.uk>.
I'm not sure that I fully understand your question,
but an alternative could be to use cookies?

Posted by Sony Thomas <so...@genialgenetics.com>.

Re: escape paramProperty in html:link in jsp ?

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Gregory VIALE wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Can we escape paramProperty in jps in tag html:link  my parameter have '&'

You mean the value of the property named by paramProperty contains '&'?
If so, this should be properly URL encoded automatically. If it's not,
that's either a bug or a missing feature IMHO.

Can you post sample code demonstrating the problem?

L.