Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Andrew Kachalo <an...@spymac.com> on 2005/05/08 13:48:29 UTC

Derby and MacOS X

Does anyone use Derby with MacOX in Xcode?

If yes, please share your approach on installing and setup.

Thank you!

==
Best Regards
Andrew Kachalo
andrew_kachalo@spymac.com

Re: Derby and MacOS X

Posted by Andrew Kachalo <an...@spymac.com>.
Thanks it works!

Cam you tell me how can I use ij utility from Terminal?

In install and setup instructions is written how to make it workable
for Windows and it's not compatible with MacOS.

Thanks!

On May 11, 2005, at 7:36, Andrew McIntyre wrote:

> On May 10, 2005, at 9:02 PM, Andrew Kachalo wrote:
>
>> After adding derby.jar and derbytools.jar to project, I tried each of
>> next two lines of code, but it returns "No Class Def Found Exception
>> ":
>>
>> Class.forName("org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver").newInstance();
>>
>> DriverManager.registerDriver (new
>> org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver());
>>
>> How to solve this problem?
>
> Make sure that you add the files to the lib directory of the Xcode
> project. Jar files added to the lib directory will automatically be
> added to the classpath for compilation and execution. To do this,
> right click or control-click the lib folder underneath the main
> project icon and select Add... -> Existing Files..., select derby.jar
> and then click Add. Click Add in the next dialog box and you should be
> ready to go.
>
> andrew

==
Best Regards
Andrew Kachalo
http://www.geocities.com/andrew_kachalo/

Re: Derby and MacOS X

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.

Re: Derby and MacOS X

Posted by Andrew Kachalo <an...@spymac.com>.

On May 10, 2005, at 11:16, Andrew McIntyre wrote:

> On May 8, 2005, at 4:48 AM, Andrew Kachalo wrote:
>
>> Does anyone use Derby with MacOX in Xcode?
>>
>> If yes, please share your approach on installing and setup.
>
> Do you mean developing an application that uses Derby with XCode? If
> so, then just add the Derby jars to the lib directory of your Xcode
> project. After adding derby.jar to the lib directory, you'll find the
> Derby classes in the Class Browser and compiling and running your
> Derby application should be easy.
>
> If you want to work on Derby itself in Xcode, that's a more
> complicated affair. There is currently a bug in Xcode that prevents
> debugging Java console applications like ij, which limits its
> usefulness for hacking on the Derby engine or tools inside of Xcode. I
> haven't yet tried Xcode 2.0, which comes with Tiger (Mac OS X 10.4),
> to see if this bug has been fixed.
>
> andrew

==

Re: Derby and MacOS X

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <fu...@sbcglobal.net>.

Re: Derby and MacOS X

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 5/9/05, Jonathan Eric Miller <je...@uchicago.edu> wrote:
> What's Xcode?

http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/xcode/

Bruce
);'

The Castor Project
http://www.castor.org/

Apache Geronimo
http://geronimo.apache.org/

Re: Derby and MacOS X

Posted by Jonathan Eric Miller <je...@uchicago.edu>.
Thanks. I just got a Mac. I'll check it out...

Jon

Re: Derby and MacOS X

Posted by Andrew Kachalo <an...@spymac.com>.
Xcode is the IDE for developing applications under MacOS X. Comes with
MacOS X 10.3 and higher.

http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/xcode/

On May 9, 2005, at 17:27, Jonathan Eric Miller wrote:

> What's Xcode?
>
> Jon
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrew Kachalo"
> <an...@spymac.com>