Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by prannon <pe...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/16 02:54:34 UTC

[SSH] Guacamole only allows <1MB file uploads

Hello,

Guacamole only allows for files less than 1 mb to be uploaded over an SSH
connection in my setup. Anything over 1 mb gives me a permissions error. I
have been unable to find any permissions errors in my tomcat log, in debug
output from guacd, or in my SSH secure log when set to debug.

I'm using the MySQL + LDAP authentication plugins, and the behavior seems to
be present regardless of whether these plugins are enabled or not, used in
combination, or not.

My current theory is that there is some sort of file size limitation in
tomcat that is preventing me from being able to upload files larger than a
certain size, but I'm not sure what that limit specification is or how to
modify it. My attempts to modify any sort of filesize limit via web.xml
files have been unsuccessful so far.

(referring to this as a guide on file size limitations:
http://tecadmin.net/increase-tomcat-upload-file-size-limit/)

Looking to the guacamole forums for guidance and consultation. Let me know
if any specific information is needed. Please advise, and thanks in advance!

Currently using 0.9.10-incubating. Additional details below:

cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS release 6.8 (Final)

uname -a
Linux hostname 2.6.32-642.13.1.el6.i686 #1 SMP Wed Jan 11 20:21:04 UTC 2017
i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

rpm -qa | grep tomcat
tomcat-el-2.2-api-7.0.73-1.el6.noarch
tomcat-jsp-2.2-api-7.0.73-1.el6.noarch
tomcat-7.0.73-1.el6.noarch
tomcat-servlet-3.0-api-7.0.73-1.el6.noarch
tomcat-lib-7.0.73-1.el6.noarch

-Prannon

Re: [SSH] Guacamole only allows <1MB file uploads

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.
On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 7:15 PM, prannon <pe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I do use nginx to proxy my Guacamole. That was the issue!
>
> Resolved by adding the following to my /etc/nginx/conf.d/domain.conf file.

Nabble apparently stripped out the Nginx config portion from its email
to the list. For the sake of those subscribed normally (and for the
sake of the mail archives) here is the portion which was stripped:

server {

    listen 80;
    client_max_body_size 10000M;

    location {
        otherstuff
    }

}

For reference:

http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_core_module.html#client_max_body_size

- Mike

Re: [SSH] Guacamole only allows <1MB file uploads

Posted by prannon <pe...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.
On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 6:54 PM, prannon <pe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Guacamole only allows for files less than 1 mb to be uploaded over an SSH
> connection in my setup. Anything over 1 mb gives me a permissions error. I
> have been unable to find any permissions errors in my tomcat log, in debug
> output from guacd, or in my SSH secure log when set to debug.
>
> I'm using the MySQL + LDAP authentication plugins, and the behavior seems
> be present regardless of whether these plugins are enabled or not, used in
> combination, or not.
>
> My current theory is that there is some sort of file size limitation in
> tomcat that is preventing me from being able to upload files larger than a
> certain size, but I'm not sure what that limit specification is or how to
> modify it. My attempts to modify any sort of filesize limit via web.xml
> files have been unsuccessful so far.
>
> (referring to this as a guide on file size limitations:
> http://tecadmin.net/increase-tomcat-upload-file-size-limit/)

Yes, that's one of the possibilities, though I believe Tomcat's default
limit is 2 MB.

If you're using Nginx to proxy the Guacamole connection, that's a more
likely cause, as it's default upload limit is 1 MB, which matches what
you're seeing exactly.

Other than that, Guacamole itself imposes no such limits.

- Mike