Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Alena Prokharchyk <Al...@citrix.com> on 2013/03/22 18:37:09 UTC

[PROPOSAL] [CLOUDSTACK-751] Blacklist of routes

I would like to propose a new subfeature for the VPC - Blacklist of
Routes. It will allow admin to block certain routes so they can't be
configured as Static Routes for the VPC Private gateway.

The detailed requirements are listed in the Jira ticket:

Please provide your comments and feedback on the FS:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Black+list+of+routes

Thank you,
-Alena.

Re: [PROPOSAL] [CLOUDSTACK-751] Blacklist of routes

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 10:37:09AM -0700, Alena Prokharchyk wrote:
> I would like to propose a new subfeature for the VPC - Blacklist of
> Routes. It will allow admin to block certain routes so they can't be
> configured as Static Routes for the VPC Private gateway.
>
> The detailed requirements are listed in the Jira ticket:

> Please provide your comments and feedback on the FS:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Black+list+of+routes

Hey Alena,

1. Is this like a set of deny rules for the network ACL on the VPC router?
2. I'm a little confused as to why this should happen at zone level
and not for the specific VPC.

If and when the spec roles out could you expand the QA scenario with
more details? I want to be able to automate some tests using marvin to
ensure that the feature works.

Prasanna.,