Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Monika Garg <mo...@impetus.co.in> on 2013/09/04 08:20:28 UTC

Kafka-0.8.0-beta1-src Has ObjectName starting with Double Quotes

Hi,

Kafka-0.8.0-beta1-src is having doublequotes in the start of Objects name obtained from jConsole.Due to this I am not able to use jmxTrans to monitor my kafka-0.8.0 cluster.

Please help in solving the issue.

Regards
Monika Garg
Associate Software Engineer
Impetus Infotech (India) Pvt. Ltd.
D-40, Sector-59, Noida - 201307, UP
(O) +91-120-4363300 x 2858
(M) +91-8588075977
www.impetus.com<http://www.impetus.com/>

________________________________

Re: Kafka-0.8.0-beta1-src Has ObjectName starting with Double Quotes

Posted by Hanish Bansal <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hi Monika,

For Kafka-0.8.0 you will have to register beans with JmxTransServer like
this:

         Server kafkaJMXServer = new Server("locahost","9999");
         Query byteInQuery = new Query();
*
byteInQuery.setObj("\"kafka.server\":type=\"BrokerTopicMetrics\",name=\"AllTopicsBytesInPerSec\"");
*
        byteInQuery.addAttr("Count");
        byteInQuery.addAttr("MeanRate");
        kafkaJMXServer.addQuery(byteInQuery);

Hope this will help !!

--
*Thanks & Regards*
*Hanish Bansal*

Re: Kafka-0.8.0-beta1-src Has ObjectName starting with Double Quotes

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rajasekar Elango <re...@salesforce.com>.

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.